Monday, April 25, 2011

Troubleshooting...

I borrowed a Bosch analyzer but the needle gets stuck at 3V. It was still useful on some tests.


The calculator under the dashboard.


The analyzer is plugged in between the calculator and the plug from the wiring harness.


Testing the 3 relays; I had some confusing result. Read more below...


Found a cut wire going to the cold start injector.


The joy of troubleshooting a DS IE...


I have soldered both plugs going to the cold start injector.



Trying to follow all the wires coming and going to the 3 relays...


The pump relay had a bad connection; this will explain the problem we had last year with the pump.


Now I know why i was getting confused. After looking at the schematic and following all the wires, turned out that relay 3, 4 and 5 were actually 3, 5 and 4 on the car.


Since the analyzer does not check the calculator, I am going to open the calculator and inspect it for dry solder or bad connections. I'll clean the last relay and put everything back together.


0 comments:

Post a Comment